1.01.2020

27

White is certain.

Black is certain.



I’ve called my relationship with uncertainty

a battle in the past.



But I’m learning

that I shouldn’t fight the grey areas.

That the beauty in that spectrum

is there if I practice leaning into it.



Embracing the curiosity

of the grey

is almost like

letting out a breath

I’ve been holding in

for a decade.



A realization I hope

becomes a way of being.

It won’t be easy.

I know that.

But I think I’m ready.



So I smile

as I straighten out my steering wheel.

It’s head tilted too far to one side.

Like a little puppy.

I always park with it straight.

He doesn’t,

but I like that it reminds me of him.



I smile as I

linger on the stairs of the parking

structure at the office,

The sky flirting with me.

Showing off it’s pink and blue

gradients that it knows

I can’t resist.



Grey is uncertain.



I’m going to try to be

done fighting it.

No comments :

Post a Comment